The Collection
Pigment: Melon & Naked
Surf Baby, Eyeshadow: Short Shorts, Sun Blond, Saffron, Surf USA, & Swell Baby
Metallic Pigment Stacks: Summer Stash, Surf the Ocean
Surf Baby! Powerpoint Eye Pencil: Blue Noon & Gilded White
Splashproof Lash (Waterproof, Thickens, & Lengthens)
Surf Baby! Lipstick: Naturally Eccentric, Hibiscus, Mocha, & Bust Out!
Surf Baby! Lipglass: Girl on Board, Good Lovin', Strange Potion, Krazy Kahuna
Surf Baby! Cheek Powder
My Picks& Recommendations
Well those who know me know I'm a cosmetic addict & if I had the funds, I would have one of everything, & two of the limited editions. lol I'm going to attempt to keep it simple, and reasonable. In my opinion, all shades in this collection are well suited for most skin tones, & accentuate most hair/eye colors. Whether you're bronze or porcelain, I think you can rock these products.
I have yet to try the mascara but I'm sure it's awesome for those who are looking for a waterproof mascara. I have tried at least 5 MAC mascaras and not one has disappointed me. So if you want waterproof, length, and thickness, go for it!
Both Melon & Naked pigments are must haves for anybody's kit. They are two great pigments for creating those nude looks and compliment any skin tone.
Surf USA, Sun Blonde, & Short Shorts are probably my favorite out of the shadow collection. They are all 3 Frost finish. Saffron and Swell Baby are Satin finish.
The metallic pigment stacks are wonderful investments for those of you who love pigments and that crushed metal look. Summer Stash is a great pick if you like more purple tones in your kit. It's also great for brown eyes, green eyes, brunettes, blonds, and especially red heads! Surf the Ocean is probably my favorite because its the more beachy pick. These shades are great for brown eyes as well as blue, hazel, blonds, and brunettes.
Bright eyes are in and that's exactly why both Blue Noon and Gilded White Surf Baby! Powerpoint Liners are must haves. Use Gilded White on your lower water line to brighten and 'open' the eyes. Blue Noon will compliment the lower lash line and make your eyes pop or add a flare to any bright eye color.
Unfortunately not every lipstick or lipglass is for everybody. If you're more daring and love a nude look, Naturally Eccentric Lipstick, and Girl on Board Lipglass are wonderful picks. Hibiscus lipstick and Strange Potion lipglass fits the summer trend and are my favorite out of all the colors. Orange lips & bright lips are in and both shades bring bright pink with a hint of coral. Good Lovin' is also another pick for those who like lighter pinks. I'm not really into brown shades but if you are, try Krazy Kahuna and Mocha!
Last, everyone should purchase the Surf Baby! Blush. It is guaranteed to give any skin a glowy summer finish. If you don't use blusher, I highly suggest you start by trying this one!
Create
Although I did not use this collection and they're not an exact match, Short Shorts, Sun Blonde, Surf USA, & Saffron would be perfect to re-create my look. Use Short Shorts to highlight, Sun blond on the inner lid, Surf USA on the outer lid, Saffron on the crease. (Saffron is a warmer shade than pictured) Line the top with your favorite liquid liner, Surf Baby! Powerpoint liner in Blue Noon on the lower lash, Gilded White on the water line for an added pop to widen your eyes, Treat your lashes to your favorite mascara, Surf Baby! Cheeks for blusher, & Hibiscus on the lips. :) If you're curious about the actual color used in this photo, check out my facebook page for the inside scoop!
So that's it for now. Be sure to check back for more Hairbrained and Glamorous rants! I'm making it my goal to not neglect this blog as bad as I have been. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment